At Handy, our top priority is the safety and health of the professionals and customers that work with us. For this reason, we are introducing no contact services for indoor assembly/installations that require professionals to enter the customer’s home. This will apply to all future bookings.
What to expect as a Pro when providing a no contact service via Handy:
- Before the booking:
- Verify that you have appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Bring a box of cleaning supplies and EPA-registered disinfectants to customer’s home
- You are required to wear a mask and gloves; wash hands with hand sanitizer for 20 seconds before and after putting on gloves
- At start of booking:
- Contact the customer to ask for entry instructions and where the service is to take place
- Enter the apartment and directly walk to room where the item(s) will be assembled or installed
- During the booking:
- Disinfect any surface your are working on before you touch it
- Any communication throughout the service should be done contactlessly via phone
- You and the customer should be in separate rooms at all times
- Use EPA-registered disinfectants to clean the surfaces after you've touched. Also be mindful of the surface type(s) you are wiping, and make sure that the disinfectant will not damage it. We recommend you leave some additional cleaning materials for the customer to use
- After the service:
- Step outside of the customer’s home and let them know that you are ready for the service to be reviewed
Additionally, we ask that you keep in mind best practices for promoting health and reducing the spread of any illness, as recommended by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). Main guidelines:
- Wash your hands frequently and vigorously (20 seconds) to prevent the spread of germs.
- Hand sanitizer (60%+ alcohol) is recommended as a non-preferred alternative to hand-washing when hand washing is unavailable.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear personal protective equipment (i.e. face masks and gloves) when necessary
- Maintain social distancing
You can find the official guidelines from the CDC linked here.