At Handy, our top priorities are the safety and health of the professionals and customers that work with us. We are closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. With the rising number of cases of COVID-19 in the U.S., please keep in mind best practices for promoting health and reducing the spread of any illness, as recommended by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
- Wash your hands frequently and vigorously (20 seconds) to prevent the spread of germs.
- Hand sanitizer (60%+ alcohol) is recommended as non-preferred alternative to hand-washing when hand washing is unavailable.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear personal protective equipment (i.e. face masks and gloves) when necessary
You can find the official guidelines from the CDC linked here.
Please also remember to take care of yourself and those around you during this time. Keep in mind these best practices:
- Stay home if you’re sick or feeling unwell;
- Cover your face with your elbow when you cough and sneeze;
- Because the virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person, avoid unnecessary physical contact such as handshaking or hugging;
- Remember that the elderly population, as well as those with pre-existing medical conditions, are the most vulnerable populations at this time, and take additional caution when in contact with them,
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
You can learn more about how to protect yourself and reduce spread here.
In order to ensure the safety of all people working with Handy, please remove yourself from all upcoming bookings if:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19;
- You feel sick on the day of a scheduled booking;
- You are in a mandatory quarantine or are self quarantining; or
- You do not feel safe traveling to a booking because of the COVID-19 outbreak.
If you cancel a booking due to the above guidance and receive a fee:
- Use the form below to contact our team, we will be able to reverse any fees incurred as a result of these cancellations.
- You can also email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will work as quickly as possible to fill your bookings with another skilled professional for your customers, and to address any questions or issues you may have.
Once again, your safety and health are our top priorities. Please do not take any risks with your health. Stay home if you are sick.
Thank you so much for all the work you do. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any further assistance.