At Handy, our top priorities are the safety and health of the professionals and customers that work with us. We are closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. With the rising number of cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. and globally, please keep in mind best practices for promoting health and reducing the spread of any illness, as recommended by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
Main guidelines for maintaining your health and safety during this time:
- Wash your hands frequently and vigorously (20 seconds) to prevent the spread of germs.
- Hand sanitizer (60%+ alcohol) is recommended as a non-preferred alternative to hand-washing when hand washing is unavailable.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Please also remember to take care of yourself and those around you during this time. Keep in mind these best practices with regard to your work through the Handy platform:
- Stay home if you’re sick or feeling unwell;
- Cover your face with your elbow when you cough and sneeze;
- Because the virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person, avoid unnecessary physical contact such as handshaking or hugging;
- Remember that the elderly population, as well as those with pre-existing medical conditions, are the most vulnerable populations at this time, and take additional caution when in contact with them,
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- When you are completing a booking, try to avoid unnecessary contact with items and people in the home.
- Please make sure any cleaning sprays or wipes being used are appropriate for the object or surface being cleaned and disinfected.
- If you are completing a Handyman service, only handle those tools and items being installed, mounted, assembled, fixed, etc; avoid touching additional objects in the home, including customers’ phones, work tools, or other equipment. Also, please bring cleaning supplies to your booking and disinfect surfaces and objects before and after you touch them. Please also make sure that the disinfectant you use is on the EPA’s list of approved products.
- Stay in a separate room, or as far as you are able, from any other professionals working bookings with you. Ideally, try to maintain the 6-foot person-to-person distance currently recommended by the CDC
- Carry Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face coverings, hand sanitizer, and gloves with you. Cover your nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in a public place or in a customer’s home and unable to maintain social distance.
- You can learn more about PPE here.
- Please wash hands with hand sanitizer for 20 seconds before and after putting on gloves.
- Please be aware that in New York State, an executive order is in place which requires all persons to wear face coverings when they are not able to socially distance. Similarly, essential workers should wear face coverings when in direct contact with customers or members of the public.
In order to ensure the safety of all people working with Handy, please remove yourself from all upcoming bookings if:
- You have been diagnosed with COVID-19;
- You are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 diagnostic test;
- You feel sick on the day of a scheduled booking;
- You are in a mandatory quarantine or are self quarantining; or
- You do not feel safe traveling to a booking because of the COVID-19 outbreak.
If you cancel a booking due to the above guidelines and receive a fee:
- Use the form below to contact our team, we will be able to reverse any fees incurred as a result of these cancellations.
- You can also email us directly at email@example.com
We will work as quickly as possible to fill your bookings with another skilled professional for your customers and to address any questions or issues you may have.
Once again, your safety and health are our top priorities. Please do not take any risks with your health. Stay home if you are sick.
**Last Updated and 11/11/2020**