Extras are services that customers can request which go above and beyond the standard tasks usually included in a cleaning service.
If a customer adds an extra when they create the booking, the system will automatically add time, this ranges from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the task.
Customers often look more closely at items they have marked as extras than the standard tasks, so making sure those extras are completed helps to ensure high ratings and tips.
Adding an extra is simply the act of adding more time to a job, so even if a booking does not have extras attached, if you have time left over after completing the tasks requested by the customer, feel free to use your remaining time to complete an extra.
Remember that customers are booking an hourly service, and if they book 4 hours they are expecting you to stay the full time.
There are a million ways to complete any of the extras which can be booked through Handy. Every pro has a preference for how they clean a home, and every customer has a preference for how they would like their home to be cleaned. If you are unsure how your customer would like you to complete an extra, please reach out them to ask for more details.
- Inside cabinets (+30 minutes)
- Inside fridge (+30 minutes)
- Inside oven (+30 minutes)
- Inside Closet (+30 minutes)
- Interior windows (+30 minutes) - Does not include exterior of windows.
- Pet Hair Cleanup (+30 minutes) - Extra cleaning time and attention to remove pet hair and bedding. Does not include removal of pet waste.
- Wipe Interior Walls (+1 hour)
- Laundry wash & dry (+1 hour)
- Deep Clean (+2 hours) - Extra cleaning time and attention throughout the home.
- Move Out/In (+2 hours) - Extra cleaning time and attention throughout the home close to a move; the home may be empty of furniture. Does not include lifting boxes or other heavy items.